Jr QA Tester
Sparks, MD 21152
Jr QA Tester
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Jr QA Tester to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project managers and the software development team to understand how features in a software development project should function and who will use them. Based on this understanding, create test scenarios designed to verify functionality and to challenge how well a feature set meets the expectations for its design. The goal of this effort is to identify issues potentially affecting the quality of a feature and to provide clear information to assist in decision-making related to these software products.
- Understand features required for new software development.
- Clarify ambiguities in business or functional requirements.
- Identify success criteria and prioritize test requirements.
- Create a plan for testing application features and carry out the plan.
- Verify, report, and track defects found in testing and confirm resolution of defects.
- Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Develop knowledge of modern test and software development methodologies.
- College degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ability to uphold the requirements of working in a professional environment.
- Software testing experience or similar engagement with software systems preferred.
- You possess a natural curiosity about how a system should function and will eagerly learn how to conduct good software testing to contribute to the development of quality software.
- You are skilled utilizing computer systems in a windows based environment.
- You have a strong sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- You are skilled at communicating issues in verbal and written form and can clearly articulate the status of tasks or results.
- You have experience using basic functions in Excel.
- You may have some basic knowledge of database concepts or a structured query language.
- You have excellent listening skills.
- You can work at both detailed and abstract levels.
- You possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You may already have some experience testing software or a similar engagement with software systems and you might have technical skills that you can use to assist in your testing.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34887 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.