Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Java Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The SDET will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
- The SDET will work closely with Software Engineers in a Scrum team to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience building test automation for Java or C# applications
- Experience working within a Scrum team and solid understanding Agile principles
- Understanding and experience in ATDD, TDD, and test automation
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor, Mocha, Postman, ReadyAPI, and JMeter. Experience with REST Assured library.
- Solid database querying knowledge. Preference for MS SQL Server, Oracle a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business people alike
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong preference for:
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank is a plus.
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments is a plus.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others • Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36563 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.