4515 Painters Mill Road (B5) Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a senior technical member of the engineering team, you' ll play a key role in the evolution of the platform to solve complex technical challenges. As a seasoned software engineer on the team you will be instrumental in setting the technical direction of transformation initiatives. You will be a major contributor to help the team develop new applications and migrate existing applications to the Cloud. Work with other software engineers, business analysts, and cross-functional teams to create and maintain moderate to highly complex technical solutions.
- Passion to stay current with technology trends, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments, business stakeholders and/or teams outside of the enterprise
- Proven ability of following best practices throughout SDLC, including conducting design and code reviews
- Experience with creating sound software design, ability to articulate complex software systems architectures in architecture diagrams
- Strong technical skills with Java programming language, log4j, Spring framework (Spring JDBC, transaction, MVC, Spring Boot), XML, JSON, Junit, SQL, Unix/Linux
- Extensive experience with Java middle-tier, backend application and restful web service or microservice design and development
- Experience with version control, such as Git and SVN
- Understanding of OWASP top 10 security vulnerabilities and best security practices • Understanding of “ session management” in a distributed server environment and experience with web application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, Aurora and/or experience with NoSQL database such as Dynamo • Unit, functional, integration testing and test automation skills, including experience using test tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, Junit, Cactus, Mockito/Easy Mock
- Strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to create technical and user documentation
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience mentoring less experienced technical staff
- Direct experience implementing AWS services and using AWS tools strongly desired
- Experience in DevOps, CI/CD as well as related tools and skills such as scripting for build/test/deploy
- Experience with API management tools such as Apigee
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle (e.g. SCRUM, SAFe) and tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 64821 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.