Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for core Java development as part of the Single Point of Entry project team.
- Work in an Agile environment and contribute in the daily standups, the demos and other Agile practice ceremonies.
- In addition to Java development, they will be responsible for unit testing and rules engine development.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of progressive engineering experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; Able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, analysts, traders and senior business people alike
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment
- Advanced Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing, Quantitative Finance or other Quantitative, Numerical or Computing discipline
- Preferred experience in front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers with ECS or K8s.
- Preferred open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
- Preferred knowledge of open source frameworks and development tools – e.g. NiFi, Airflow, Luigi, Cascading, Scalding, Flink, Storm, Flask, NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Big Query experience (S3, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Redshift, RDS), AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS and NoSQL databases e.g. Dynamo/HBase/Cassandra
- Preferred knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35762 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.