Java Developer/Architect (Senior)
7152 Windsor Blvd Towson, Maryland 21244
Java Developer/Architect (Senior)
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Java Developer/Architect to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Strong experience in Java & Spring Boot / Spring Cloud framework
- Experience in designing and implementing Micro Services Architecture
- Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
- Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components as needed for application.
- Work in DevOps Environment
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3), BDD (Cucumber or similar), Selenium.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 64945 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.