Information Assurance Manager
Information Assurance Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking an Information Assurance Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Security Engineering, IA, and C&A of DoD and Federal Information Systems, which will include developing security requirements, data gathering and documenting system security plans, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test and evaluation plans, security concepts of operations.
- Coordinate and perform technical and non-technical certification & accreditation assessments to evaluate compliance with established information assurance policies and regulations according to DoD, NSA, DISA, NIST and other IA related military/federal requirements.
- Develop, review, and maintain security policies and standards on commonly deployed systems, such as MS Windows, UNIX/LINUX, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless bridges, wireless intrusion detection systems, databases, web servers and software applications.
- Use knowledge of PKI principles to implement and provide guidance regarding PKI implementation including CAC based authentication.
- Generate or Review RMF packages.
- Provide IA and System Security expertise
- Security Engineering guidance
- Comprehensive vulnerability and threat analysis
- Guidance on IA security solutions
- Security assessments (onsite and vendor facility)
- Analysis activity providing threat warnings, attack alerts and bulletins
- Security engineering services that leverage government and commercial solutions
- Review, at least annually, existing IA risk management processes to ensure compliance with DoN/DoD policy.
- Ensure continuous review of current threats, vulnerabilities, technologies, and mission changes for impact on organizational risk posture.
- Analysis and enhancements of the current Information Assurance Program.
- Support the Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E)
- Penetration Testing support
- Validation of Communication Security (COMSEC) Compliance
- System Management Analysis
- Performs AISs and networks Evaluations and Audits.
- Contingency Plan Evaluation and update
- Risk Management Review and update
- Provides support in the implementation of IA policies in accordance with Federal and DoD AIS security regulations, as well as creating policies based on the effectiveness of existing IA best practices and policies.
- Communicates security related IA issues or items of interest affecting the NBIMC; and tests, verifies, and assures that adequate security controls exist within the IT systems supporting the NBIMC.
- Provides support and assistance of the implementation of the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) process within the NBIMC.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, and provide results quarterly.
- Provides guidance on IA responsibilities and procedures to HMS AIS users and external partners.
- Use effective writing and verbal communication skills to advise management on security requirements and information assurance trends and solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of the C&A process within the DHA framework and experience reviewing, advising, and processing RMF packages, to include experience with C&A package submission through eMASS
- Ability to attain a Secret security clearance
- Certified Information Sys Sec Prof (CISSP) designation
- Qualified at the IAM Level III for the DoD Information Assurance Workforce, to include Security +
- Knowledgeable of RMF and other risk assessment frameworks (e.g., NIST)
- Capable of communicating, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of professional contacts
- DoD Secret Required
- 5-6 years overall experience required.
- 4 Year Degree Required
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34033 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.