IT Program Manager
Baltimore, MD 21031
IT Program Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a IT Program Manager to join our team.
- As an integral part of Project Management within IT, the Program Manager is responsible for reviewing completed programs to assess overall performance against project delivery targets, including project objectives, agreed upon scope, actual costs versus budget, schedule attainment, and benefits attainment. The incumbent will act as a liaison and coordinate with all IT groups and business customers to drive project milestones.
- The IT Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of a wide range of large scale programs, (related projects that are managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and controls not available from managing them individually), and projects to achieve strategic business objectives within agreed upon parameters of budget, schedule, and scope. The incumbent will also assist key business and IT personnel with project prioritization and program creation to drive alignment with overall corporate strategies.
- The incumbent is accountable for Enterprise Process Integrity to assure worldwide compatibility of IT changes through coordination with Global Process Owners. Drives efficiency, availability, responsiveness and ensure system security. Supports the development and adherence of internal IT project management processes and coaches other project managers on effective project management tools and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all components of assigned programs, including budgets, resource allocations, scope, schedules, risks, etc. to ensure that agreed objectives are achieved.
- Balances all program components to maximize overall program value to the business.
- Identifies opportunities to consolidate projects and create programs that align with business strategies.
- Acts as project manager for specific projects within a program to assure on-time delivery, effective cost and risk management, and to minimize potential integration issues.
- Provides leadership, project manager mentoring, and assistance in developing, deploying, communicating, and improving project management processes and tools
- Accountable for the communication of program progress. Provides regular status updates to senior management with emphasis on delivery of business objectives, management of risks, and assessments of scope and quality attainment.
- Collaborates with the Change Management function to ensure proper alignment of Project Management and Change Management processes and procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate project management processes and tools are consistently applied to IT managed projects and programs
- Leads monthly major project peer reviews to assess and communicate project performance of key strategic projects and programs.
- Leads post project and program reviews and close-out sessions
- Analyzes completeness of financial budgets established prior to project approval
- Master’ s Degree in Information Technology, Business or related field required. Or may consider 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+years’ experience in the execution of complex projects/programs in multiple technologies and functions
- 6+ years as a Project Manager
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies including waterfall, agile and scrum.
- Skilled in the areas of resource management practices and change management techniques
- Demonstrated developed in-depth business and industry knowledge working with commercial, financial or supply chain functions
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve with multiple constraints
- Preferred Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of consumer package goods and industrial food manufacturing businesses.
- Experience managing three or more cross functional projects/programs of high complexity
- PMP Certification
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35479 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.