Helpdesk Technician/Technical Support
Helpdesk Technician/Technical Support
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Helpdesk Technician/Technical Support to join our team.
- Seeking a competent and energetic Helpdesk Technician with general on-site IT support responsibilities.
- An excellent Help desk technician must be customer-oriented, have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
- This position will work with other IT resources to provide IT services primarily to the Jessup, MD plant and to the company at large.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide help-desk and email support for local and off-site users
- Maintain current knowledge of the Windows 7 & 10 environment; networking; access technologies
- Configuring, installing and maintaining workstations, printers, switches, routers, Wi-Fi access points, battery backups and cabling
- Installation of new software and software upgrades as needed
- Work with hardware and software customer support service organizations as required to resolve problems
- Maintain user workstation operating system updates and virus protection applications and their deployment
- Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems; perform root-cause analysis; and recommend permanent solutions
- Assist in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues as needed
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Share technical and functional expertise with other members of the IT team
- Attend training sessions, read instructional manuals, and read industry periodicals to maintain a current understanding of the various production operating systems and software
- Occasionally work during non-business hours to perform maintenance and installations.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and work experience
- At least 2 years of relevant technical experience supporting helpdesk operations
- Experience providing technical support for computer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Installation and management of routers, switches and other network equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A+ Certification
- Testing and installing third party software products
- Back up technologies
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office products
- Experience in supporting mobile devices such as Android, iPhones (and other, similar technologies)
- Exposure to the following would be beneficial:
- Trend Micro AV
- Trend Micro full disk encryption
- Connectwise Automate (formerly known as Labtech)
- Veeam Backup
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34676 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.