Help Desk Specialist
Annapolis, MD 21411
Help Desk Specialist
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a helpdesk specialist o help our client with the anticipated implementation of a new integrated tax system.
- Work in cooperation with the current contractors as well as other COM staff.
- Answer Service Desk calls and log each call into the IT Service Desk system.
- Review call history, assess the problem, resolve the problems, and document in the IT Service Desk system.
- Set up new workstations and printers to access the network.
- Deploy new state procured equipment and software to the existing network.
- Create/restore workstation images.
- Troubleshoot workstation network connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot issues regarding all hardware and software stated above.
- Install software/hardware on workstations.
- Update Service Desk requests on a daily basis.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in business IT environments with emphasis on PC hardware and applications. General experience includes information systems development, work in the client/server field, or related fields.
- At least two (2) years comprehensive knowledge of PC operating systems, e.g., DOS, Windows, as well as work on a help desk. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing and to have a positive customer service attitude
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36228 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.