Help Desk Manager
Timonium, MD 21093
Help Desk Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Help Desk Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Support Desk Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight to the Support Desk team.
- This role is expected to execute the planning, designing, and improvement of the Help Desk according to industry best practices, while ensuring a high level of customer service across all offices.
- Responsible for ensuring the standards and processes in place are followed and effective, as well as staffing levels and coverage to meet support requirements.
- Plan and coordinate the daily workflow of Help Desk Operations.
- Develop and implement help desk policies, processes and procedures to include responsibility for effectively communicating status of all help desk operations.
- Establish and manage processes to ensure effective support coordination between IT Help Desk and other IT teams.
- Develop help desk management strategies and needs, identifying staff, tools and support requirements as necessary to ensure that Help Desk operations and support processes are working as expected.
- Ensure Help Desk Specialists are providing quality customer service and incident resolution in a timely manner.
- Oversee problem resolutions to identify trends or problem areas and ensure that support procedures are being followed; identify opportunities to eliminate issue.
- Coordinate effective project and knowledge transitions.
- Serve as point of contact for escalation on major service disruptions to the offices and ensure appropriate communication channels are used effectively to notify end users and stakeholders.
- Build and continually develop relationships with the teams across the organization.
- Evaluate key metrics, KPI's, perform analysis and provide reporting to leadership to drive consistency and an understanding of incident trends.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership to ensure executions are effective and efficient.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience. • 8 years of experience providing end user support.
- 3 years leading or managing a team.
- Advanced knowledge of help desk operations.
- Skilled in managing a budget, forecasting financial impacts, and experience handling 3rd party vendors.
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage tasks simultaneously.
- Imaging and backup software (KACE, CommVault, etc.).
- Android and iPhone support including MDM experience.On-call and occasional hours outside normal business according to business needs. A+, Network+, or similar certification highly desired.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34356 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.