Help Desk Analyst
Baltimore, MD 21211
Help Desk Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Help Desk Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the first line of support for users of Information Systems in the company.
- Responsible for answering calls placed to the company’ s phone support line.
- Responsible for resolving problems, or questions related to IS applications supported by the IS department, if possible.
- Logging all calls into Help Desk support software and tracking the timely resolution of problems.
- Responsible for maintenance of user accounts on both PC network and AS/400 systems.
- Maintain and support the help line.
- Must maintain a proficiency in the use of all micro Applications supported by the company. This proficiency must be of a level that will allow most problems to be resolved in a timely manner with the user over the phone.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of the user interface and applications associated with the AS400 system.
- Responsible for using the problem tracking and resolution software to assign technicians to problems, and to track their resolution and to bring to management’ s attention any problems not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the production of feasibility and/or detail specification studies, in an independent and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation, statistics, reports, and/or other management information in a concise and appropriate manner, abiding by all departmental technical and operational standards.
- Maintain an adequate library of support materials, and documentation to assist IS users.
- Educate end user by providing the appropriate level of training for applications that are supported by the IS department
- Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field, or equivalent combination of education/ experience
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a Help Desk role
- A positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced team across various functions
- Must have a commitment to supporting customers’
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and explain them to others
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to walk customers through troubleshooting process
- Must have clear oral and written communication skills.
- Individual must demonstrate competence across all age groups due to the diversity of the children and families served. Clinical care focus is on the neonate, pediatric, and adolescent populations, as well as some adults with disabilities.
- Healthcare experience highly desirable
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35753 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.