Full Stack Java Developer
100 E Pratt St. Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer world-class products with maximum efficiency and agility
- Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes and standards
- Interact with Quants and Analysts to understand their workflows and requirements
- Collaborate with engineering manager to enable a fit-for-purpose application portfolio consistent with the target architecture and operating model
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of progressive engineering experience
- Preferred knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena
- Advanced Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing, Quantitative Finance or other Quantitative, Numerical or Computing discipline
- Preferred experience in front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers with ECS or K8s.
- Preferred open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
- Preferred knowledge of open source frameworks and development tools – e.g. NiFi, Airflow, Luigi, Cascading, Scalding, Flink, Storm, Flask, NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65847 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.