Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Firewall Engineer to join our team.
- Our client maintains an Information Security (InfoSec) group which provides engineering and operational support, monitoring and troubleshooting for a diverse array of customers. This is an advanced technical position working internal to architect, implement, and monitor security measures and threat mitigations within client’ s and internal networks.
- Expectation is that the ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team in either a leadership or supporting role, and may be required to deliver independently. They should be able to inspire customer confidence and be able to present the full stack solution portfolio that is provided. Additionally, the candidate must be able to develop a strong understanding of customer business needs and a desire to translate those into deliverable technical solutions that meet those requirements. The candidate should consistently perform work with disciplined execution while displaying urgency.
- He or she must be willing and able to support a 24x7x365 environment, which may include weekends, holidays, and on-call support. This full-time position reports to the InfoSec Team Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consulting services to a wide range of customers including State and local government, as well as commercial customers
- Design full stack solutions and complete greenfield and brownfield deployments of technology solutions
- Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
- Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests
- Escalate problems to the appropriate engineering disciplines within the organization or external vendors as required to achieve resolution
- This position may require you to work nights, holidays and weekends as well as be on-call
- Bachelor’ s Degree Required. Master degree preferred.
- Eight total years of experience in a Network or Security Engineering position
- Five or more years of experience with the following technologies:
- Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security
- Palo Alto Panorama and Firewalls
- Juniper SRX firewalls and EX Series switches
- Experience with the following additional product lines is preferred:
- Cisco ASA, ASR, and Catalyst product lines
- Citrix NetScaler Web Application Firewalls
- HP/Aruba ClearPass
- Experience using analysis tools, including:
- Nessus Professional, Tenable SecurityCenter, and/or Tenable I/O
- Nipper Studio
- Scrutinizer or other comparable Netflow/IPFIX analysis tools
- Experience working within ITIL framework is a plus
- Certifications Preferred:
- Splunk Certified Architect/Consultant
- Juniper JNCIP/JNCIE
- Palo Alto PNSCE
- HP Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional
- Other discipline relevant technology certifications
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35472 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.