Expert SQL Server DBA
Baltimore, MD 21244
Expert SQL Server DBA
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking an Expert SQL Server DBA to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This work effort is to assist in SSA's development of the Windows Development and Production Environment (WDPE), which is a project that is mandated to establish standards for development and production support for application systems on a Windows platform. The resource will be providing DBA support for SQL Server databases, evaluating SQL server tools, developing database support and design standards/guidelines, developing application development standards for SQL Server, and provide on call after hours support. This resource will eventually lead work efforts within the MSSQL DBA team consisting of 5-8 people.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with eleven years of professional experience
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration to include Version 2014
- Experience implementing and supporting SQL Server on the Cloud. (Azure or AWS)
- Experience scripting Windows Batch and Powershell
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, and troubleshooting tools
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools for SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience with Agile Teams and "DDL as code".
- Must be familiar with Erwin or other database design tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supervising/managing a DBA team
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration to include Version 2016
- Experience developing in .NET and VB
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34103 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.