Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Digital Copywriter to join our team.
Qualified candidate will work in collaboration with creative colleagues and business partners in the development of engaging, branded content for digital channels (potentially Web, Mobile, Video, and Social). Writer should have familiarity with the investment management industry, T. Rowe Price capabilities, and our diverse audiences, but also understand how to communicate that knowledge and bring content to life in a digital-first, client-centric manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of digital marketing communications:
- The Senior Writer, Digital, needs a flair for partnering to translate inputs into impeccably organized and well-conceived creative solutions. To do so, the writer collaborates with colleagues in IA (account managers, creative directors, designers, UX designers), partners in shared service groups (project managers, web developers), and marketing managers in business units.
- The writer is charged with creating new content from concept through deployment. The writer leads or participates in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, researches content, organizes content, and writes branded copy based on an agreed-upon strategy. Key content outputs include: web sites from small to large scale, “ apps,” mobile platforms, e-mails, and video scripts and storyboards.
- Consults with project leads and account management to ensure alignment with content objectives, key messages, assumptions, risks, and success factors
- Works with content strategists and distribution channel marketers in the development of content to be included in the client experience
- Collaborates with visual designers, user experience designers, and interaction designers during both discovery and experience development process
- Understands the unique content preferences of digital consumers (functional, engaging, scan-able, concise, platform-friendly, searchable)
- Writes clear and compelling content for digital devices, including product/service/capability information, online advertisements, articles, listicles, infographics, navigational copy, email campaigns, and scripts for video
- Edits and repurposes existing print copy for the web and/or mobile apps
- Incorporates Search Engine Optimization (SEO) recommendations (such as key words) into digital content. Collaborates with SEO subject matter experts
- Collaborates with project team and database administrators to make necessary changes and updates
- Works in an iterative manner, responding with copy that addresses information from user testing
- Digital copywriting experience – Email campaigns, Web, mobile
- Investment industry knowledge
- Experience collaborating with user experience and visual designers
- Ability to work on site in OM
- Advertising agency background a plus
- Financial services marketing experience with a focus on writing, editing, and creative development for digital channels.
- Bachelor’ s degree with a focus in Journalism, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, Business, Economics or equivalent required
- Ability to write about complex concepts in an interesting and engaging style— copy must be clear, concise and compelling
- Experience in producing digital content for marketing communications; this includes product/service/capability copy for web sites, online advertisements, articles, listicles, infographics, navigational copy, email campaigns, and scripts for video
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver results reliably and consistently on strategy and on time
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually and strategically— adding a unique creative flair to promotional projects
- Must be self-motivated with a desire to work as part of a creative team in a highly collaborative corporate environment
- Demonstrate composure, diplomacy, and tact with a service-oriented mindset
- Strong Web-writing experience, familiarity with content strategy, information architecture process, SEO techniques; experience with social networks a plus.
- Solid knowledge of financial markets and distribution of financial & investment products
- NASD Series 6 or 7 license a plus (but not required).
- 5-7 years as lead writer in marketing communications, preferably in financial services marketing to include mutual fund or asset management, investment guidance, sales support, educational/promotional copy for consumer audiences and business-to-business audiences.
- Understanding of HTML, Vignette, Web design programs.
- Advanced degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or Business preferred including MBA/CFA.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35569 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.