6518 Meadowridge Rd Elkridge, MD 21075
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain highly scaleable and reliable enterprise applications using Web technologies cloud technologies such as Azure Functions and Lambda
- Package and deploy applications for production, and maintain CI/CD pipeline and process
- Deploy software components to support data enrichment and transformation in a high traffic transactional data and data warehouse environment
- Provide technical and business explanation and justification for architectural, and design approaches
- Maintain Azure platform for expansive application within an Agile framework. Recommend additional capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions.
- Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Maintain and utilize scripts in PowerShell and CLI to preform automated workloads in Azure.
- Maintain, architect and configuring Virtual Networks in Azure.
- Troubleshooting, maintain and configure service accounts.
- Development and implement vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Write process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have working knowledge of Oracle Database, SQL Server database management, and knowledge of IaaS/PaaS management for the following products: IBM, Oracle Database, BEA WebLogic, DataMirror, COGNOS ReportNet, Sun Identity Management Suite, JAVA, JVM, J2EE, Snowflake, Databricks, and Barracuda NGFW.
- 1-2 years of experience with maintain Azure workloads as a DevOps engineer in an Agile environment.
- 1-2 years of experience as SCM/release engineer, or in a position with demonstrated similar skill sets and responsibilities
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with configuration management technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux system administration especially in Ubuntu and Redhat
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience in automating manual processes using a scripting language such as Unix Shells (bash, ksh) and Ant
- Ability to collaborate with team members, developers, QA and ownership teams to resolve issues
- Experience with WebSphere application server
- Good working experience on Web Services, REST/JSON Services
- Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (MVC)
- Strong knowledge of database design principals
- Strong experience with maintaining relational databases across geographical regions including Oracle/DB2/MySQL/SQL Server and PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
- Experience with both Azure and AWS
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65694 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.