4500 E W Hwy #300 Bethesda, MD 20814
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team and work directly on client projects. In this role you will manage and automate SaaS platform across multiple environments. Additionally, you will also support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools. Other duties in this role include but are not limited to creating and maintaining system architecture, design, and automation, implementing a CI/CD solution for the platform and logging infrastructures, and troubleshoots and resolves issues in hybrid cloud environments.
- Minimum of two (2) years of build automation and release management experience in SaaS production environment
- Hands-on experience with Linux administration
- Familiarity with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, Salt
- Production experience in IT operations for an always-up, always-available mission critical service
- Working knowledge of ephemeral infrastructure, horizontal scaling, self-healing architectures, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with AWS, especially EC2, RDS, Lambda, and S3
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS and DNS
- Familiarity with multiple scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of best-practice security, performance and networking techniques for high-trafficked public facing systems
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Cloudwatch
- Experience managing relational and NoSQL databases, including Microsoft SQL, Postgres, MySQL and MongoDB
- Excellent debugging and testing skills, and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
- Working knowledge and experience with SaaS is a plus
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 66833 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.