Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
DevOps engineer to automate and integrate cloud and on-premise systems and applications. The position will require knowledge of multiple technologies and systems as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. The position requires working independently and collaboratively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate must be capable of working independently and collaboratively and will also be responsible for
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Review project requirements, evaluating industry-strength XaaS solutions and providing recommendation based on best-fit and/or best-of-breed considerations.
- Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical support for cloud-related opportunities.
- Verify and monitor Cloud environments and controls to ensure processes are mature and capable of supporting our Cloud objectives and best practice design.
- Recommend alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis
- Work with technical teams and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems; including but not limited to public, private, and hybrid cloud designs.
- Coordinate testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Research, experiment with, and inform on emerging technologies and tooling to improve the developer and member experience.
- Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
- Build, scale, and secure infrastructure, focusing on a fully automated Linux/Windows environment
- Responding to escalations
- Working with database and infrastructure engineering team on solutions / enhancements
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Configure and maintain servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- AWS Certification as an Associate or Professional Solutions Architect is highly desired
- Experience designing and building web application environments on AWS
- Strong understanding and knowledge of AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, Lamda, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Pearl, Ruby, PowerShell, and Python.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and implementing them to AWS DevOps practices
- Experience in design, planning and migration to AWS is a MUST
- Strong knowledge of all AWS technologies and Services
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools as well as 3rd party tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options in AWS
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Forward thinking in the potential use of future technology
- Self-motivated, directed and with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment and with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones
- Must possess good documentation skills (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34456 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.