Desktop Support Tech Lead
McLean , VA 22102
Desktop Support Tech Lead
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Desktop Support Tech Lead to join our team.
The Desktop Support/Executive Support position resides within our IT Workplace Service organization. The candidate is an operational SME in maintaining and supporting end user hardware and software, and other IT End User Solutions. The candidate will perform daily Desktop Support operations, serving as a lead, and will be providing IT support for the Enterprise VIP customers (this includes executive officers in the company such as CIO, CTO, CEO and Board of Directors). In addition, other responsibilities include collaborating with various teams for core and enterprise projects and training other personnel within the organization. In addition, the successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills and operating effectively as a customer advocate in the delivery of existing or new Desktop or Mobile Platform services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Issues remotely, face to face with Customers at the IT Solution Centers or desk-side visit for our VIP customers
- Troubleshoot of Corporate Mobile Devices and BYOD
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Oversee the resources at the IT Solution Center and be able to take on any role
- Respond to How-To requests by customers and technical personnel
- Monitor Service Ticket Queues and routes priority Service Tickets accordingly
- Review Service Tickets for completeness and accuracy
- Understand and communicate impact of new technology to customers
- Assist on training for customers and technical staff
- Ability to work flexible hours 24/7
- Follow Desktop Technology Best Practices and Procedures
- Perform PC, Mobile and Software Installations for VIP Customers
- Perform PC Break Fix for VIP Customers
- Conduct On-Boarding and/or Migration Orientation Sessions for Executives
- Support Data Retention Best Practices
- Provide input to Best Practices
- Test new operational hardware and software
- Job requires a bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience acquired. Understanding ITSM (Service Desk Role, Incident Management, Asset Management and End User Operations) and 7 to 10 years of recent and consistent support to C-level Executives and senior management.
- Operates as a Lead
- Communicates to management any possible global technology impacts
- Performs all operation without supervision
- Ability to guide others in the right direction
- Shows ability to work in a Team environment
- Demonstrates ability to follow operational procedures
- Plans and executes tasks as scheduled
- Possesses excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Demonstrates Exceptional Customer Service
- Demonstrates mature decision making
- Demonstrates Working knowledge of PC Hardware and Software Installation and Configuration Settings
- Displays Working Knowledge of Incident Management and Service Ticketing Systems
- Displays working knowledge with Software Discovery and Automated Software Installation Tools
- Shows Familiarity with Mobile Devices and Tablets
- Shows Familiarity Database Management Tools
- Working knowledge of the following is required: Windows 7 and 10 Operating System, MAC OS, Office 2016 and 365, PowerShell Scripting, Cloud computing, Active Directory, SCCM, BitLocker; Service Now, Cisco telephony, VDI, MDMs, iPhones/iPads and Androids and other tablets.
- Preferred Skills: Service Now, VMware Horizon View client, VPN, WebEx, Cisco Jabber, SharePoint, MS-Access, MS Visio 2016.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36511 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.