Baltimore, MD 21244
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Data Modeler to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will work with the Erwin Data Modeling Software (V 9.64) product to produce logical data models.
- Candidate will utilize this tool in order to produce logical data models for a large scale enterprise environment
- Education: College Degree in Computer Science or related field. Data Modeling certifications would be a plus.
- Experience with logical data modeling in a large scale enterprise environment
- Experience in identify and applying standards to a data model
- Experience using Erwin data modeling software to produce logical data models (v 9.64)
- Experience and understanding of logical modeling vs. physical modeling
- Experience in data analysis and logical data design
- Analytical skills and experience in extracting and understanding business requirements
- Experience in business requirements elicitation in both agile and waterfall lifecycles
- Experience transforming and mapping business and/or user requirements to logical data requirements
- Experience in data quality identification and implementing data governance principles in an enterprise data environment
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle with both agile and waterfall projects
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues
- Experience using Erwin (Modelmart) modeling software 9.64
- Knowledge of database software and database concepts; such as DB2/Oracle/Postgres/Greenplum
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36708 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.