Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Data/Business Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Solutions/Data Analyst (SA) acts as a consultant and partner with the business community, project teams and business partners to elicit clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which application and solutions are developed. The Sr. SA is responsible for defining (and/or redefining) business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. The Sr. SA is an active participant in all phases of the project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met. The Sr. SA generally works on projects of medium to high complexity. The Sr. SA also coaches and mentors other team members in both the SA role and business knowledge to assist in project delivery.
- Independently interacts regularly with business partners of varying associate/management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements. Determines and utilizes appropriate elicitation method based on stakeholders and desired outcome to elicit requirements and document information for use in analysis. Validates requirements elicited match the stakeholder’ s understanding of the problem and stakeholder needs on medium to high complexity projects. Develops and maintains project documentation including formal proposals, feasibility studies, investigations, requirements specifications, use cases, system test cases, design documents, and testing plans according to standard system development lifecycle methodologies ensuring business expectations related to scope are also established and managed.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and articulate a detailed understanding of the business being analyzed including the organizational structure and relationships that exist between business units and an understanding of the business impact of the request being addressed to provide better insight in solution recommendations. Assists business to identify and clarify business need, problem, or opportunity. Assesses the capabilities of the business channel/group to understand the change needed to meet business needs and achieve strategic goals. Drives and coordinates business readiness on all complexities of projects (i.e., associate communications, policy and procedure changes, coordination of job training aids, etc.).
- With minimal direction may also:
- Maintain data dictionary
- Confirms project requirements by studying user requirements; conferring with others on project team. Able to interpret requirements broadly across enterprise
- Collaborate with Project Management staff to ensure tasks meet project timelines, contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Initiates networking to expand knowledge in support of project tasks and personal growth
- Works as part of a team to ensure data requirements are consistently applied where is makes sense
- Supports/perform data extracts for seeding/initializing data into interface files or data tables
- Facilitates interface integration and data validation testing, able to clearly document, communicate, track, and resolve data related issues – escalating as necessary
- Address questions about data and make recommendations where applicable. Work with others to resolve issues associated with specific data
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies
- BS/BA Degree and 2+ years of related work experience (Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience)
- Data Subject Matter Expert with ability to map source to target data structures
- Able to actively participate in data design discussions where extension or expansion of the target data model is needed
- Able to apply understanding of high level business requirements to develop detailed data requirements (including those that pertain to data latency, security, back-up, and recovery specifications) as well as system configurations and technical functionality recommendations
- Able to develop own work plan and estimates as well as identify associated risks and dependencies.
- Work with PM to incorporate into the master schedule
- Able to develop test plans, scenarios, and cases. Able to identify and/or create corresponding test data
- Demonstrated knowledge of test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Able to perform traceability from requirements through design and test
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability offer solutions and the business impact to clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of when and how to use business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity
- Experience working as part of an agile team
- Skilled in the use of Visio or other process or flow chart tool
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35272 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.