100 E Pratt St. Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive monitoring and management of critical data sets
- Detect data anomalies (e.g., accuracy and timing)
- Responsible for standardizing data definitions, naming conventions, and monitoring overall data quality.
- Establishing confidentiality guidelines for data owned by their respective business unit; facilitates the interpretation and implementation of data policies and guidelines.
- Assures data is classified regarding sensitivity for information security purposes and is managed according to the data handling matrices that provides specific procedures, assuring data moves smoothly through the data life cycle.
- Reviews and/or assists in the maintenance of business definitions in data models which diagram and document the above.
- Acts as the primary contact for the data management strategy and stewardship for various types of data used for Front Office Technology team.
- Uses advanced negotiation, oral and written communication skills to make technical and non-technical material understandable to business sponsors, and in providing analysis and recommendations for current and future needs which minimize redundancy and maximize compatibility of data.
- Engages appropriate IT and business partners to help shape strategic direction for data management to reduce risks, costs and to create consistency and efficiency.
- Defines and manages process and controls for the creation, consumption and/or destruction of data (specify types of data). Includes collaboration with senior IT and business managers to obtain strategic support for the governance policies
- Provides highest level of quality assurance and data integrity. Applies regulatory standards and defines guidelines for data testing and usage. Creates and maintains documentation regarding data definitions, calculations, and usage. Continually tests data to ensure a seamless full cycle flow of information.
- Responsible to provide Data on Demand services. Participates in project related work by assuming responsibility for data integrity, which may entail resolving processing issues, instituting data polices or procedures, and working with the appropriate technical and/or subject matter experts.
- Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in data management by one or a combination of the following: creating or maintaining complex databases; writing and executing reports to query databases; analyzing and presenting; serving as a data steward.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Develop SQL queries or use available data profiling applications to perform data analysis based on business requirements and data profiling reports.
- Strong Knowledge of Oracle, Informatica, Unix Shell scripting.
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate moderately complex software primarily for ETL and data warehousing/reporting applications.
- Support the creation of test plans, conduct unit tests of ETL mappings, stored procedures, and data validation scripts.
- In depth Excel skills with VBA subroutines, Pivot tables/charts, lookup functions, array functions, etc. required.
- Background in business intelligence would be a plus.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 64890 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.