Data Analyst / Visualization Developer
Baltimore, MD 21202
Data Analyst / Visualization Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Data Analyst / Visualization Developer to join our team.
- As a Data Analyst / Visualization Developer, you will be responsible to help the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) move forward with the visual analytics and creating data visualization solutions using tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, QLIK, and SharePoint.
- The candidate should have excellent hands-on experience with these types of tools.
- One of the core responsibilities would be to design, build, test and maintain complex dashboard visualization using tools such as SharePoint (Office 365 Version), Tableau, MicroStrategy, or QlikSense.
- You will be creating visuals that support activities such as metrics and performance tracking, trend analysis, key performance indictor tracking, lessons learned tracking, risk and issue tracking, and heat map generation. Experience with data mapping, able to work with databases, and a solid understanding of how to treat data from multiple sources is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Visuals and Dashboards
- Lead the development of custom reports/dashboards in support of resource planning by utilizing the data visualization tools and techniques
- Create the next generations of dashboards using tools such as Tableau and Qlik delivering data insights through best in class visualizations
- Serve as the subject matter expert related to data visualization and provide recommendations for data collection and visualization
- Independently coordinate new project requests, gathers documents, and translates business requirements for new reporting needs
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and evolve existing business intelligence solutions
- Partner with Technology to understand T. Rowe Price data sources and tools
- Extract data from survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey and create visuals and reports
- Create SharePoint sites, organize, manage, and share content
- Work with the client to come understand the requirements, plan and deliver the dashboards/reports
- Identify the pain points faced by the client and develop the data visualization solutions to address
- Create user-friendly and dynamic dashboards and reports
- Create reports with heat maps, scatterplots, bar charts, slicers, drill down, drill up etc. features and possess understanding of when to use them.
- Utilize available technologies and techniques to present complex data in a way that is concise, organized, and adds value
- Allow clients to navigate between summary views and detailed views to support their business needs
- Understanding of installation and setup of tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, QlikSense
- Identify data trends and outliers and come up with data discovery using the solution developed in the tool
- Develop compelling visual stories to effectively communicate meaningful insights from large data sets
- Build, maintain, and support rich and interactive template repository
- Create charts, graphs, Infographics, dashboards, etc. to support knowledge acquisition and decision making
- Configure and monitor the SharePoint environments Create webpages, forms, workflows, and user permission trees
- Regular review, cleanup, manage and configure SharePoint content and sites
- Project Management experience desired, Strategic view on how data enables enterprise business objectives
- 5 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights
- Experience in driving analytics-enabled business process innovation
- A broad level of understanding surrounding business information systems
- Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and BI reporting with emphasis in design and publishing
- Experience with requirements gathering and understanding the needs of the end user
- Expert knowledge of enterprise database tools and ecosystems
- Proven experience solving complex business issues through data-related tools
- Expertise in the research, development, and support of data visualization techniques
- Experienced professional with fully proficient understanding of data analytic concepts, principles, and theories and expert at presentation of data
- Passion for problem solving, data exploration, data visualization, and user experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize time with minimal supervision
- SQL Reporting experience
- Strong data and reporting skills using either; MicroStrategy, Tableau or QlikSense
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3 Years of experience with data visualization/BI tools, such as Qlik or Tableau
- Must be able to meet with clients (primarily mid to senior manager level) to translate business requirements
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process oriented, logical thinker
- Strong experience using SharePoint and Office 365 suite of apps
- Knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Advanced in working with disparate data sources (MicroStrategy, Oracle, Flat Files)
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34354 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.