Crystal Reports Developer
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Crystal Reports Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Crystal Reports Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Programmer partners with the business community and GBS&T project teams, analysts, and occasionally with business partners to translate business requirements into solutions and application enhancements.
- The Sr. Programmer is responsible for delivering solutions the business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes.
- The Sr. Programmer is an active participant in all phases of the project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of internal and external business partners to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met and technology delivery is complete and accurate.
- The Sr. Programmer generally works on projects of medium to high complexity.
- The Senior Programmer supports the system, including taking responsibility for the resolution of moderate to highly complex on-call issues, monitoring the system, and communicating with the vendors regarding problems, to ensure the system is functioning. Diagnoses, isolates, and de-bugs issue and performs problem resolution. Documents resolution appropriately.
- Three or more years of programming experience
- Proficient in SQL and Relational Database Concepts and Design (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase)
- Experience with Crystal Reports (8.5, 11.5, up to more current versions)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl or Python)
- Experience with .NET (C#/VB) and/or Java Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- College degree in technology related field with 4 years relevant experience (applications development experience) preferred
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment preferred
- Some experience estimating development effort and scope preferred
- Some experience mentoring less experienced technical staff preferred
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated extensive experience applying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Previous work with vendor systems
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36663 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.