Confluence Moderator/ Java Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Confluence Moderator/ Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Confluence Moderator/ Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the other members of the Enterprise Applications team, the IT operations team, key business stakeholders, and the user community as a Confluence moderator as follows:
- Moderate confluence questions
- Ensure they are tagged appropriately
- Review previous questions and content that may already contain answers to the question
- Ping involved parties that could respond/resolve the question
- Ensure all questions are getting attention
- Clean up Confluence content
- Ensure content is clear and concise
- Ensure content is in the appropriate locations
- Assist with resolving irrelevant or dated information
- Assist with ensuring most effective Confluence structure and content location.
- Contribute Confluence content
- Blog entries
- How to guides
- Other items as directed
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, and 11 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in full Java language and common libraries
- Confluence user administration
- Technical writing
- Proven use of software methodologies and best practices
- Preferred modern development tools: Git, Jira, Bitbucket, and the tools below
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Maven
- Testing frameworks: Junit, JMockIt, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Relational Database: SQL, design
- XML, XSL, XSD, Schematron
- Frameworks: Drools, JPA 2.0
- Webapp frameworks: Struts 2, Spring MVC
- Restful, web service implementations, SOAP UI
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35148 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.