Annapolis, MD 21411
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Computer Programmer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are seeking 2 Computer Systems Programmer to help our client with the anticipated implementation of Compass, the new integrated tax system.
- Provide IT system, hardware and software support and maintenance for COM IT existing legacy systems.
- Perform break fix of identified IT issues.
- Provide support, management and installation services for desktop and server operating systems.
- Work in cooperation with the current contractors as well as other COM staff.
- Troubleshoot tickets escalated from the helpdesk regarding network issues.
- Develop software using mainframe tools.
- Troubleshoot existing code using standard practices
- Participate in regular team planning meeting to receive tasking and provide status.
- Participate in monthly status meetings to include providing a monthly status.
- Must have eight (8) years of programming experience in software development or
- At least five (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Must be capable of utilizing third- and fourth-generation or current state-of-the-art IT equipment and languages to develop and prepare diagrammatic plans for solution of business, management, communications, and strategic problems.
- Must be able to design detailed programs, flowcharts, and diagrams showing mathematical computations and sequence of machine operations necessary to copy and process data and print results.
- Must be able to verify the accuracy and completeness of programs and systems by preparing sample representative data and perform testing by means of cycle and system processing
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36227 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.