Computer Operator I
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Computer Operator I
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Computer Operator I to join our team.
- Computer operators need to be detail-oriented team players with good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Candidates also must possess the ability to multitask.
- They should have a strong service orientation and be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Employers seek candidates with a good working knowledge of the hardware and operating system environment used by their firm.
- A formal post-secondary education often is less critical than several years of related work experience, although system certification is a valuable asset.
- Typical duties include: Operating and monitoring mainframe computer equipment and peripherals, performing system backups Identifying equipment problems and initiating corrective action, Keeping required logs, and system records according to departmental procedures
- Monitor and run z/OS operating systems using the z/OS master console. This includes monitoring online systems, CICS and TSO, running batch systems including restart/rerun procedures, performing scheduled work, and reporting and logging all batch production failures.
- Monitor and interact with CA7 using CA7 commands
- Monitor batch cycle
- TSO commands
- Starting / Stopping CICS regions
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 37001 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.