Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team.
The Domain Services group is seeking a talented Cloud Data Engineer to join this team. We are looking for an engineer with a passion for both data and technology. An engineer who has delivered high quality, scalable, well-tested cloud-based data solutions by following quality software engineering practices.
- Practical Experience in the following areas: o Working in an agile (Scrum) environment. o CI/CD technologies and practices.
- Test Driven Development.
- Engineering highly scalable distributed data pipelines using AWS Native or Open Source technologies
- Working with multiple data persistence technologies – Row Based, Column Based, NoSQL – e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB
- Working with multiple programming languages – Python, Scala, Java o Working with a variety of file formats – e.g. JSON, XML, Parquet, Avro, ORC
- Solutions with a focus on Serverless technology o Containers & Orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Various data integration patterns – scheduled batch, micro-batch, event-based, streaming
- Cloud Based Data Integration & Orchestration Technologies – e.g. AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Kinesis, etc.
- Expert Level SQL
- Data Conversion and Migration.
- Takes pride in engineering excellence and instills these values within the team.
- Participates in the design of effective engineering processes.
- Proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision making to resolve complex problems.
- Possesses a passion for technology and staying sharp in the craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends.
- Has excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35983 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.