8200 Jones Branch Drive McLean , VA 22102
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Cloud Architect to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Container (OpenShift/Kubenetes) Engineering
- Develop scripts to automate operational tasks
- Experience in full life cycle engineering and support of a container environment (OpenShift/Kubenetes)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud provider
- Proven expertise in application containerization management with OpenShift/Kubenetes
- Working experience with DevOps or Agile processes
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around Docker/Containerization
- Checking status of environments and individual tools
- Build and manage Docker baseline images
- Good knowledge of the core service needed for the application (ex: TAM, AD, DB, CMDB, Monitoring etc.)
- Systems Operations Support
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, system configuration, and administration
- Work on production related issues. Providing resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable.
- Identify, analyze, fix, and determine root cause, follow-up and coordinate changes to resolve complex problems involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
- Be part of the escalation team for on-call rotation and weekend activities as required.
- Write technical documentation, operational procedures, systems documentation and Incident and problem communications and reporting.
- Assist with the performance analysis of existing applications and ensuring that the system is consistent with ongoing need.
- Possessing strong network knowledge and skilled in network protocols such as TCP/IP and DNS, DHCP.
- Project/Customer Support
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs a project leadership role for the team. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Works under limited direction independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for quality and adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- Typically has 5 - 7 years related experience in Unix System administration
- At least 2 years of experience in OpenShift/Kubenetes AND/OR Kubernetes cluster
- College STEM Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- RedHat Certifications
- AWS Certifications
- Scripting / Programming
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65948 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.