Cisco Network Engineer-(Nexus)
Baltimore, MD 21211
Cisco Network Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Cisco Network Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a Cisco Network Engineer with Nexus experience for a leading specialized health care provider in Baltimore. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise in all aspects of Infrastructure Networking. We are looking for a rock star. This role is for candidates with strong attention to detail and a proven understanding of interfacing, security, Internet protocols and server and network infrastructure. If you are passionate about technical network engineering, we’ d like to hear from you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to maximize network performance by monitoring overall performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with stakeholders on network optimization
- Expertise and architecturally responsible for the following:
- LANs- Local area networks
- WANs- Wide area networks
- SAN-Storage/system/server/small area network
- WLANs-Wireless local area network
- Requires a bachelor’ s degree in Informational Technology, Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’ s degree with the right technical skills/certifications.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in the following:
- Networking concepts, LAN packet decoding and design. Firewall, load balancing, security, LAN/WAN/VLAN, WLAN, guest network tunneling, administration
- Extensive Cisco experience with a strong networking skill base required.
Extensive Nexus experience is a requirement.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills required
- Working knowledge of High Availability systems, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity (architecting solutions)
- Architecting network systems, server, and software solutions IT architecture, design, and documentation
- Cisco Certification CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) preferred
- Microsoft and Linux server experience a plus
- Prefer experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. – medical, defense, aerospace, finance, etc.) – previous healthcare IT experience is preferred
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 37175 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.