CICS Systems Programmer
Baltimore, MD 21244
CICS Systems Programmer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a CICS Systems Programmer to join our team.
- Under the ITSSC program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
- Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Mainframe CICS Systems Programmer focusing on CICS Tools with application programmer background. Leidos provides support for infrastructure tasks and initiatives for Web Support and Application Support activities. This includes Infrastructure, System Administration, and Mainframe Systems Development supporting a wide range of technologies in environments that continue to grow and evolve rapidly with new products and techniques introduced regularly and changing priorities.
- The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Typical SM3 education and experience requirements.
- Expert experience and knowledge of installing, tuning and supporting CICS tools including and not limited to Intertest and Abend-Aid for CICS.
- High level of experience and knowledge of z/OS applications programming using COBOL and ALC.
- Expert experience and knowledge of TSO/ISPF, VSAM, IBM Utilities, Unix Systems Services on z/OS, DB2, IDMS and troubleshooting on a multi-platform/multi-LPAR z/OS environment.
- Expert experience and knowledge of CICS systems programming including CEDA, DFHCSDUP, internals, tuning, debugging, troubleshooting and installing CICS v5 on a multi-platform/multi-LPAR z/OS environment.
- Experience and knowledge of CICS WebServices on z/OS.
- Desired Skills:
- Expert customer service skills in dealing with users, vendors, team members and management.
- Expert experience and knowledge of SMPE for branch wide support.
- Expert experience and knowledge of inter and intra region communication including IPIC, TCPIP, pipelines, profiles, etc.
- Knowledge of CICS Transaction Gateway on z/OS.
- Experience and knowledge of WebSphere both distributed and on z/OS.
- Experience and knowledge of MQ on z/OS.
- An understanding of CICS/Liberty JVMs, including JVMProfile configuration.
- Expert experience and knowledge of USS configuration files used by CICS.
- Knowledge of "Webifying" and presenting reports in SharePoint, HTML, .pdf etc.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices.
- Collaborator and team player.
- Motivated self-starter and independent worker.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35228 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.