Business Objects Developer
4515 Painters Mill Rd (C3) Baltimore, Maryland 21117
Business Objects Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Business Objects Developer to join our team.
This candidate must have experience with Business Objects report building and universe development. The ideal candidate would also have knowledge in the Finance/Investments space and be able to learn and adapt quickly as business needs arise. Skills with other BI platforms is a plus, and the wiliness to ask the right questions and communicate openly with users when clarifying requirements is essential.
- Expertise building and maintaining Business Objects Reports in version 3.1
- Excellent skills working in the UDT (v 3.1) and knowing when changes are appropriate at the report or universe level
- Willing to ask the right questions and reach out to users when requirements are unclear
- Willing to challenge what is asked and propose new ideas when better solutions are available
- Tries to “ connect the dots” to ensure the work performed is the right work and doesn’ t contribute to technical debt with hard-coding or unnecessary duplication
- Has an interest in developing skills beyond Business Objects, and would be eager to assist with transitioning reporting to other BI tools when appropriate
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 64739 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.