Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Business Analyst-Microbiology to join our team.
- Looking for a Senior Software Analyst who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer requirements.
- The Software Analyst acts as a requirements engineer for one or more Scrum teams by identifying customer needs, eliciting and defining product requirements, identifying product options, and helping the development team transform them into working software.
- The Software Analyst works directly with internal and external stakeholders including the product owner, users, Marketing, program management, software developers and software testers to analyze information, generate functional requirements, and derive solutions.
- A successful candidate must be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments, understands Molecular Biology, Cytology and LIS systems, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is able to work independently, and has strong influencing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Marketing, Program Management, R&D functions and other stakeholders to identify solutions to customer needs and develop concepts for features and products
- Create user stories, acceptance criteria and ensure that stories meet the Definition of Ready
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the true underlying needs
- Turn capabilities into features and features into stories
- Work with engineering Scrum team(s) to determine the best method to break down work items
- Participate as a Scrum team member to deliver incremental functionality for every sprint
- Work with other Software Analysts to increase business analysis acumen across the group
- Review product documentation (internal and external) and test cases
- Write user stories and groom product backlogs
- Demonstrate finished work to stakeholders
- Create metrics to help report on performance and forecast upcoming work
- Provide status reports as needed and present data at appropriate meetings
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- BS degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience in molecular biology or analytical systems of similar complexity
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in a regulated environment
- Demonstrated creative and innovative problem solving ability
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and influencing skills especially the ability to gain acceptance from others without harming relationships
- Experience in a microbiology or other hospital lab environment
- Experience with and understanding of LIS, EHR or medical software
- Experience with software and systems development lifecycles
- Experience in customer, system, and subsystem level requirements management and traceability in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Experience utilizing a requirements management software tool is preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Systems Regulations, ISO guidelines and Good Laboratory Practices preferred
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development processes a plus but not required
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36823 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.