Building Automation Systems Technician
8989 Herrmann Dr Columbia, MD 21045
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Building Automation Systems Technician to join our team and work directly on client projects. This role ensures that within an organizational department, it has the correct level of Technical Service experience to ensure all customers are supported. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the Operations department has the technical service capability to support its engineering and service commitments to an advanced level of complexity. This role will supervise other sub-roles where necessary to give advice and support of a technical nature when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support to customers including commissioning, installing, testing, and maintaining products, equipment, and systems.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up. Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Monitor and resolve complex recurring problems to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Coach and mentor less experienced technicians check the quality of their work and help them diagnose and solve problems.
- Produce leads for Service Support.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Train customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased.
- Two-year (2) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
- Understanding of HVAC and other building electronic control systems
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Industry product knowledge desired
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability translate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 66078 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.