Big Data Architect/Administrator
Baltimore, Maryland 21244
Big Data Architect/Administrator
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Big Data Architect/Administrator to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement Big Data analytic solutions on a Hadoop– based platform.
- Refine a data processing pipeline focused on unstructured and semi-structured data refinement.
- Support quick turn and rapid implementations and larger scale and longer duration analytic capability implementations.
- BS Degree with 11 years of experience.
- Experience in MapReduce programming with Hortonworks Hadoop and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and with processing large data stores
- Ability to show flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast– paced situations
- Experience with Hortonworks Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Amazon S3, Spark,
- Red Hat IDM
- Experience with R
- Experience with Python
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment using Ansible
- Eclipse and/or IntelliJ IDE
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Git source code control
- Maven - for dependency management/builds/testing
- Git and Bash scripting
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35289 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.