Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a BI Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will be supporting the GBS DMS (Agile) Team the BI Developer is responsible for the creation of BI solution reports, visualizations, dashboards, ensuring best practices are followed, and collaborating with Architects/Administrators to enforce policies and processes are maintained. Responsibilities: Create QlikSense or Microstrategy applications from data warehouse, HDFS and NoSQL DB’ s.
- Create QlikSense or Microstrategy interactive visualizations. Design and configure the QlikSense or MS applications, front-end calculations (i.e., set analysis, aggregations, etc.) as per business requirements.Responsible for interpreting business needs of stakeholders and develop analytical solutions. Coordinate with other developers on the team to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information. Ability to assess a requirement and make a recommendation for how to most effectively create a visualization that meets the business need.
- Collaborate with application analysts and report/dashboard end users to analyze, provides specifications, and document projects. Documents and tests work products and conducts data quality checks on a regular basis. Work in partnership with the Architecture team and other stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes. Be familiar with diverse data collection, ETL, and database technologies.
- Adhere to standards and best practices. Perform/Support Testing during Unit Test, System test, UAT, pre-prod and post production phase. Provide pre and post production support.
- Qualifications: 3+ years’ experience in QlikView/QlikSense Design and Developer experience.
- 6+ years’ experience working with any BI tool (QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of QlikView/QlikSense platform, including QlikView/QlikSense architecture, technical know-how, performance tuning, extensions, etc
- Proficient with Qlik NPrinting and experience creating static/canned pixel perfect reports Experience with data modeling, dimensional modeling and working with large data sets Proficiency with SQL, data analysis and query performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of the comparisons of QlikSense and Microstrategy to help determine the most appropriate tool for the use case.
- ETL experience a plus.
- Agile experience strongly recommended as the developer will be a member of an agile team specifically created to execute on dashboard and reporting needs out of various sources/systems.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34409 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.