Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Automation Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a “ hands-on”, full development lifecycle role that provides an opportunity to infuse quality throughout the development lifecycle by developing and sustaining automated test harnesses that will run continuously in the CI / CD pipeline. As a key contributor, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge quality assurance and testing technology and tools in-house.
- Core Attributes:
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in high quality software engineering and advocates and instills these values in others
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to ensure and improve quality
- A proponent of strong, collaborative, quality software engineering techniques and methods: DevOps, agile development, continuous integration and automated testing approaches
- BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science or Engineering)
- Solid Java development or .Net Core experience
- Experience with automated testing types, tools and techniques (Unit, Functional, Load; JUnit, NUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Jasmine, Karma, Enzyme, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration tools and processes (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.), agile delivery (Rally, Jira) and test-driven (TDD) or business-driven (BDD) development
- Familiarity with cloud native architectures for containerized micro services
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and software design patterns
- Experience with RDBMS development (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone, React, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, React, etc. is a strong plus
- Experience with code versioning and management, including Git
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Manager, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with business partner and leaders of varying levels
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35285 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.