AWS Software Engineer
Baltimore, MD 21202
AWS Software Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a AWS Software Engineer to join our team.
As a member of the Cash Management and Derivative Technology team, the Sr. Software Engineer (AWS) will help engineer and develop new capabilities for our Front and Middle Office business partners. This role will foster innovation and work towards using many available data sources and building applications to realize the business value of our data and investments. This is a unique opportunity to affect change at scale in a large and profitable company. Think mature, established, and respected company meets the agility and excitement of a financial services technology start-up. Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem-solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach. Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g.
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- 8+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming language(s) - .NET or Java
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns
- Strong Test-Driven Development and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with
- Analysts, Traders, Middle Office Managers and senior business people alike
- AWS development experience
- Proficient knowledge in .NET development
- Test driven development experience
- Experience utilizing:
- MS Visual Studio
- Vagrant Workstation
- AWS certificates would be preferred
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank helpful
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets helpful
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools
- Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
- Experience of web based development and visualization technology for portraying large and complex data sets and relationships
- Java development experience
- Front-end Web Development experience (Angular, Backbone, or ReactJS)
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-pace, Agile team environment
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36899 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.