API and Web Service Developer
8200 Jones Branch Drive McLean, Virginia 22102
API and Web Service Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking an API and Web Service Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Architects/Business/System Analyst Teams to understand Technical/Business requirements. Provide effort and schedule estimates
- Document Technical Design, Interface Specifications and Unit Testing
- Help move to an API driven Microservices paradigm and API Lifecycle Management capability
- Follow established methodology and controls guidelines. Maintain agility and quality throughout development process
- Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization
- Serve in an on-going partnership with Business Users, maintaining knowledge of business operations, information requirements and priorities
- Conduct hands-on programming, with minimal guidance in support of multiple efforts as required
- Develop proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads
- Collaborate with developers across multiple projects to develop and build consensus on common re-usable application components
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science & Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ Years of experience in developing complex SOA projects, API’ s, Enterprise applications, specifically in Java, J2EE, and XML Technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in designing in enterprise grade applications using Object Oriented Analysis and Design. Produce high quality design artifacts that cover all aspects of sound architecture.
- 2+ years of strong development experience producing REST API' s
- Experience with RESTful service writing frameworks
- Experience with API Gateway and Management platforms such as MuleSoft or Apigee
- Experience with microservices development and design patterns
- Experience with various Design Patterns and hands on experience of developing SOAP (JAX-WS) and RESTful (JAX-RS) Web Services using Spring Web Service, Apache CXF, Jersey and Axis.
- Ensure that developer APIs and SDKs are defined to enable effective and timely delivery meeting the requirements of our business, markets, prospects and customers
- Very strong experience in using JMS Queue and Topic’ s for building messaging related solutions using MDBs
- Strong SQL, XQuery, Database Programming skills in working with Oracle/IBM UDB/Sybase Database
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins, Artifactory, Teamforge GIT
- Exposure to Container technologies – preferably Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in using Java presentation frameworks – STRUTS or Angular or similar frameworks, and JQuery
- Experience with Web Servers like WebLogic/Tomcat and using IDEs like Eclipse, JDeveloper etc.
- Experience with Unit Tests using JUnit, build tools Ant/Maven and continuous integration services is desired.
- Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, Innovative in proposing solutions.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 64407 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.