Software Engineer (Mid level)
95 Morton Street Washington, DC 10014
Software Engineer (Mid-level)
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer (Mid-level) to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, code and maintain components of a data pipeline that aggregates and reports tens of billions of daily transactions (using java, python, hadoop, mapreduce, spark, pig, kafka)
- Contribute to the entire SDLC including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation
- 3-4+ years of recent hands-on Java experience in back-end development
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Great understanding of designing for performance, scalability, reliability and extensibility
- Good knowledge of algorithms and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL and columnar database concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Linux command line tools
- Understanding of full SDLC, agile development and continuous integration
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig
- Exposure to messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Some exposure to functional programming languages like Scala
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 27593(Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.