100 E Pratt St. Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Independently designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure.
- Reviews and interprets system requirements and business processes.
- Codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle for their projects
- Contributes to the development of best practices within their group
- Takes control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs
- Flexible in his or her thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Proactively helps team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- Capable of leading a small team on for specific project(s) or task(s) BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- 5+ years of static website UI development
- Experience in building or interfacing with RESTful Services
- Experience in the Agile environment and working knowledge of user stories, features and acceptance criteria
- Experience with HP ALM
- AWS SDK experience preferred
- Python and NodeJS experience preferred
- Extensive experience in responsive web design & styling
- Some formal UX design experience preferred
- Skilled in the use of RALLY or Jira agile tracking tools
- Stays current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Programs proficiently in several languages and is comfortable switching between them
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Understands key data concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers with debugging
- Actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Performs as an expert in one or more parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment). Oversees significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
- Owns technical debt in their own software
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 64499 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.