Senior Portfolio Analyst
4515 Painters Mill Road (B6) Owings Mills, MD 21117
Sr. Portfolio Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Portfolio Analyst to join our team.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative rationale and provide a strategic view on how data enables enterprise business objectives; promoting best practices around data visualization and data integrity in all project deliverable.
- Have experience and in-depth knowledge on project management methodology, although this is not a project management nor is there stakeholder interaction.
- Provide strong project reporting skills – value realization, KPIs, business analysis, portfolio tracking and governance reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative project tasks, performance and management of reporting/dashboards.
- Demonstrate ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the program/portfolio management team while establishing a repeatable process.
- Develops standard reports/dashboards in support of strategic initiatives by utilizing the latest data visualization tools and techniques.
- Coordinates requests and gathers documents for IRPS portfolio reporting and business needs.
- Leverages knowledge of the IRPS and EPMO business to develop reporting tools which will meet current and future business needs.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve and evolve existing business reporting solutions. Partners with PMs to align deliverables and milestones to standards.
- Analyzes information retrieved and assembles presentation quality information with business insight and strategic decision support for use by managers.
- Analyzes data and information needs to implement solutions that minimize redundancy and maximize the compatibility of data.
- Tracks and ensures the delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances.
- Partners with program manager to evaluate current reporting and provide more in-depth analytics on existing and new reports.
- Develop frameworks / approaches for translating business and finance data down to operational drivers.
- Perform analysis to predict, measure, and interpret trends in order to inform key decisions including tracking of business metrics and translation of metrics into actionable operational insights.
- Work closely with program managers/team to drive business actions based on changes in metrics. Identify business impact through continuous analysis of metrics.
- Strong communication and social intelligence to articulate key trends and insights to portfolio team, and gather, document, and analyze information and project requirements (Working mostly out of SharePoint and/or One Drive.
- Work from either system) Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Prioritize time with minimal supervision.
- Superior analytical, modeling skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the program/portfolio management team.
- Ability to conceive, communicate, document and implement strategic concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of business analytics
- Strong knowledge of technology business processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint.
- 5 years minimum experience in developing business analytics solutions. Business and reporting experience required.
- A candidate who has worked in a financial environment is highly preferred.
- Portfolio governance experience highly preferred.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 64159 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.