100 E Pratt St. Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design
- Develop analysis and monitor performance
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets Filter and “ clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Analyze and document end-to-end data flows (lineage) and compare against business requirements to establish baseline of data maturity. Develop and create operational data management reports and metrics, implement data quality standards and metrics, develop and support technical workflows for data governance initiatives
- Plan the quality control by identifying issues and making improvements
- Based on business objectives and standards, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- College degree and 3 year of related work experience, or Associate degree and 5 years related work experience
- Technical expert regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong SQL skills
- Develop SQL queries or use available data profiling applications to perform data analysis based on business requirements and data profiling reports
- Knowledge of Oracle, Informatica, Unix Shell scripting, Autosys scheduling tools
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate moderately complex software primarily for ETL and data warehousing/reporting applications
- Support the creation of test plans, conduct unit tests of ETL mappings, stored procedures, and data validation scripts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision
- utilize their business analysis and technical skills to enhance processes to result in high quality data across the enterprise
- Experience in data management for the financial services industry with an asset management company
- Experience working with JIRA or related issue/project tracking tools
- Experience with cloud providers: AWS and Azure
- Experience with cloud database technologies RDS, RedShift, Athena, Aurora, MS SQLServer
- Experience with data management/ETL tool such as Glue, Nifi, Talend, IBM DataStage, Ab Initio
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 26777 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.